There is a positive sentiment amongst retailers which is reflected in the number of new store openings
- Retail turnover index and retailers confidence were quite stable over the quarter.
- Retail schemes are recovering and exceeding 2019 sales despite footfall is still below.
- Good pace of store openings in Lisbon high street retail zones.
- Tourism flow in Porto already at pre-pandemic levels encourages high street retail activity.
- Investment in retail remains low compared to pre-pandemic levels.